Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow days!




We experienced one of those oh so rare snow snow days today and we get another tomorrow. The girls are thrilled, Jeff is stuck in Edmond and I have cabin fever. We are supposed to get above freezing tomorow afternoon and the snow has stopped so I will be able to get and hopefully Jeff will get home for the weekend.

The picture on top is a a gorgeous Oklahoma sunrise. That barn is just east of our property. It is metal and rattles when the wind gets going. Just a few days after I took the picture we had very strong winds that took that barn down...finally. There's very little left standing and pieces of it ended up in our yard.

5 comments:

Cherie Elder said...

Hi Joan -- You have more computer knowledge in your little finger than I do in my entire brain. We enjoy reading all your notes.

Right now I'm trying to write to you while Patty is walking across the keyboard and standing in front of my screen. Patty is the long haired black cat that adopted us and is a holy terror. But, she loves us.

Jeanine said...

The girls are getting so big! We have got snow right now too. Did you take that pic above the girls, it's beautiful. Hope Jeff makes it home this weekend and you all have a great time together.

Jeff said...

Ice is refreshing on a hot day, but deadly on a winter highway. Snow is beautiful but only with blue coconut or grape/lime flavored syrup on it. Why oh why can’t autumn last longer in Oklahoma. Stuck in Edmond this weekend with much time to reflect I have come to 4 conclusions. 1) Given the choice, I would not work from home on a full-time basis. 2) Daytime TV sucks. Really, who watches this stuff? 3) Nothing is worth having without family. And 4) If I lived on my own, I would be dead in a year with the crap I buy at the grocery store. Was that 4?

Anonymous said...

We miss you too baby!

Joan

Ed said...

Hey Sis,
I'd much rather have the snow than all this rain we have had out here.

I found out that my basement floods when we have more than 8 inches of rain in 48 hours (sob)

Have a Merry Christmas and hope to see ya all soon.