Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bird Killers

I decided to crop out most of the dead baby bird that was murdered by our killer corgis. This is the second one they have dragged to the back patio. I think there is a nest of Kildeer somewhere in the yard. They nest in the ground and are numerous on our property. Also we don't have trees that are large enough for birds to build nests in. I think it is just gross!

Don't believe that innocent look!
Nor this one...
Also, another fire behind the house today. This one was farther away.
Not like the fire on Monday. That fire was way too close for comfort!

4 comments:

Esther said...

Aw! You can't blame them for trying to bring home a gift :)

the.fortes said...

I was just reading your blog and your muffin recipe - reminds me of how I bake. Is it sugar in the raw on top? I am mourning the fruit tree possibly more than you! Bad doggies:). We thought it would be a nice little orchard. How did they get through the chicken wire???

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

What wicked little monkeys :) I have one Corgi who keeps trying to get one of our chickens. He is the last one I thought would want to go after birds but he does.

Joan said...

c.forte - Yes, that is sugar in the raw in top of the muffins. I love that stuff for baking!

About the little tree - the chicken wire had a gap about 6-8 inches off the ground. Jeff made sure all the others were corgi-safe after that. It kills me they ate it! I love the "orchard". We planted crape myrtle along north fence-line and they have killed one of those. We are trying to get a natural privacy fence started.