Thursday, July 23, 2009

10 things I did on vacation


10 things I did on vacation



1. Waded in the Pacific Ocean



2. Read this really, really good book. Now I have to drag husband to see the movie whether he wants to see it or not!




3. Spent too much time wondering about the child who left this doll by the Petrified Forest sign. This baby doll was well-loved and I knew some child was missing it.


4. Walked to the M&M store in Las Vegas in 109 degree heat and spent $12.95 a pound for candy!


5. Drank coffee at the edge of the Pacific ocean at 7:00 a.m. and felt like I could stay there forever.


6. Took this picture of a tourist trap in Utah. We did not stop but we were amused!

7. Enjoyed time with my family. We gathered from all over the country and I saw relatives I had not seen since I was a child. Always fun!


8. Said "goodbye" to my dad.

9. Was amazed by the grand canyon and the decent pictures I could take with my iphone!


10. Fell in love with sweet, sweet Violet. She is my newest little relative from Utah. She made the family reunion perfect because it isn't a reunion if there is not a baby toddling around. Violet filled her role perfectly. She flirted, cooed, grinned, snuggled and successfully wrapped all of us around her delicate little finger.

My visit with family was all too short. There were so many more people I would have loved to have seen in Washington but time was so short.

It was a good trip. I ate too much, slept poorly most of the time, but it was all worth it. I decided that Utah is the most spectacular state I have ever driven through and we have been through a lot.

1 comment:

a corgi said...

looks like you had a wonderful time!!

betty