Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10 Things Thursday


10 things I know and don’t know about blogging

I’m really new at this blogging thing. I started, really, back in May. I’ve learned a lot, need to learn a whole lot more, and still I know so little. About every other day I will read the web, blogs, web sites, anything to help me learn. I read until I get overwhelmed. That takes about ten minutes. Occasionally I might try something. Mostly I don’t.

So, here’s some of what I know and don’t know.

1. I know I really like having a blog. I like to write and I like to examine things that run through my head; makes it less scary in there.

2. I don’t know what “blog-rolling” is. Do you?



3. I don’t know how some bloggers keep up with their contests and their daily or weekly themes. I try to do “wordless Wednesday” and one day I posted on a Tuesday and yesterday I got so excited about my blueberry parfait that I forgot it was Wednesday.



4. I know that blogging has brought out the photographer in me. Photography is always something I have loved to do but my mind wasn’t in gear with it. Now it is. I find myself always grabbing my camera for something. I never take one or two shots; I always take 20 or 30. You gotta love digital!

5. I know that Shabby Blogs and Cutest Blog on the Block have the best backgrounds and stuff. Love them!

6. I don’t know how an RSS feed works or why you want it. I’ve tried subscribing to other blogs and the feed goes to my Yahoo page and never updates so I then I delete it.

7. I know if my readers looked at my live traffic feed they would probably think I am constantly checking my blog. Well, sometimes I am and sometimes I’m using my “Blogs I follow” list to click through. Update ~ I figured out that I can ignore myself. So now it doesn't look like I have a stalker from Guthrie.

8. I know that I have read some really good blogs and that I am getting to know some really neat people that I would have never known exisited.

9. I don’t know how in the world I will find time to manage two blogs once school starts. But I will…because I have come to really like it.


10. Shoot….I don’t know if I am doing any of this blogging thing right at all!

Oh well! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Christie said...

LOL...LOVE this list! I can totally relate to almost all 10 of them. =)

~Christie
www.kingbrayden.blogspot.com

Joan said...

Hey Christie, I did figure out the live feed! Thanks for commenting. =)

a corgi said...

you are doing fine, and if there is anything you need to know about, if you ask, someone usually has the answers (but not me usually, LOL, since I'm so computer illiterate and blog illiterate; I'm still trying to figure out how to put a You-tube video on my blog, and just got music last week)

I too have no idea what RSS feed is or blog rolling. I don't do many contests/memes. I try to keep things relatively simple and if I participate in a meme or a weekly thingy, then I try to make sure I check out all the other people who participated, so that's why I don't do a lot of memes; usually 6-word Saturday over at Cate's Show My Face, and Round-Robin challenge every other Saturday (pictures with themes).

just have fun with it! I had 4 blogs that I was trying to keep up with, but reduced it to 2, so I think you'll be able to manage 2 pretty okay :)

betty