Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Parfait Perfection

My blog-buddy over at Frugal Fine Living inspired me with one of her posts to make a parfait for breakfast. I’m trying to eat healthier and I really want to add more variety to my meals, especially breakfast. Parfaits are so easy! All you need is yogurt, fruit, and cereal of your choice.

You start with a nice clear receptacle. It has to be clear because you really need to see how pretty it is. I have little ice cream sundae dishes but they were too small. So I used this heavy bar glass and I liked how it turned out…wait…you’ll see.


I used Greek yogurt, vanilla flavored. If you’ve never used Greek yogurt before, try it, you’re in for a treat! It is so creamy, even the fat free version. Add about half the yogurt to your glass and spread it even.


Then add your fruit.


I chose blueberries.


Next add the cereal. Choose something healthy like granola or kashi brand cereals. Adding Fruity Pebbles to your parfait defeats the healthy eating purpose. I used Kashi Go Lean.


Repeat


Enjoy!


I think for my next parfait (gotta get more Greek yogurt) I’m going to use bananas and Kashi’s Coacoa Beach granola.

1 comment:

a corgi said...

yum!! that looks good!I never heard of Greek yogurt, I'll have to check that out.

this also looks healthy too! definitely going to be on my list of things to make for breakfast :)

thanks for sharing; enjoy the day

betty