Monday, August 31, 2009

Sometimes, I have dreams...

My 14 year old daughter is an artist and a writer. She has just started blogging and is putting a story she has written on the blog. She is also putting up some of her artwork that goes with the story. The above picture is hers, done in pastels. I love her perspective.

Her story is about cats, similar to the "Warrior" series. Here is a snippet; an example of her style.


"Come sit by me and make yourself comfortable. My name is Fire and I'm about to tell you a story that you will never forget. Follow me as we take on a journey of enlightenment, to a timeless place where the first cats left their paw prints. Now, clear your mind and open your senses, and let us begin."

Her blog is private because I just cannot imagine letting her out into the cyber-world all alone just yet.

9 comments:

Christie said...

WOW!!! Her artwork and writing is AMAZING!!! So talented! I'm sure her English teachers just love her!! =)

a corgi said...

she writes very well; very talented! I totally agree about keeping her safe and private in cyber land. If you ever allowed her to go public, NO pictures and NO names used, just have no idea who is reading these things

betty

Joan said...

Christie ~ I was her English teacher in 6th grade, so of course, I was crazy about her. Last year we were disappointed that her AP English class did very little writing. Hopefully this year will be more enjoyable. Her art teacher loves her!

betty ~ she doesn't have email, facebook, myspace, etc... She doesn't want those things. I'm glad too.

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a talent she has. I am so impressed.

Lyndsey said...

All I can say is WOW! What a talent. I love her style of writing so far. The art is awesome! Thanks for sharing a little with us.

Hannah said...

Aw, shucks. You are so nice!
P.S. I don't say shucks very often so I think that means you're special.

Hannah said...

Oh and don't show any later pictures until I get there. Some of them might give away the story and there might be some people who are really enjoying it.

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

She is so incredibly talented and has one very wise mama! It is so sad how we have to watch every single thing they do these days for fear something bad will happen to them. Please be sure to tell her how awesome we think her writing and artwork is!

Hope you are having an incredible week!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

30 Things You May Not Know...

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/09/30-things-about-my-illness-you-may-not.html

Hannah said...

Okay, you put in the picture with the mountains and the light brushes on the sides.