Friday, September 04, 2009

Ah, sweet weekend..and a long one too!

It has been a loooooong week and this three day weekend is necessary for me to recharge and relax and get ready to do it all over again.


The girls have a friend over. She is the sweetest young lady and we love having her as a house guest. This is her first visit to the pool and I think she will be a regular overnighter next summer! The girls swam despite the water temp of 75 and the air temp barely at 80.


As the day ends we are being rewarded with an amazing full moon. If you can click the photo it should enlarge and you can see Mars just to the right.

7 comments:

Christie said...

WOW! The picture of the moon you captured is amazing! So beautiful! I'm glad your girls are enjoying the pool. =)

Angela said...

I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend....maybe it will warm up just a bit for y'all to swim, swim, swim!

a corgi said...

I wondered which planet was next to the moon

looks relaxing in that pool! bet they'll swim until the last possible day they can

enjoy your weekend

betty

Joan said...

betty ~ that is Mars. I could not see it until I enlarged the shot.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Your pool looks very inviting. The shot of the moon is incredible. I don't know where I was last night to have missed that beautiful moon and I'm very sorry I did. I'm so glad you captured it on film so I could see it.

Lyndsey said...

Yay, our first long weekend! I know I sure can use it, so I know how you feel.

We were like that when we were kids, it didn't matter how cool it was we were in our pool, that was in Michigan. Now after 20 years in Florida we are such babies. Our pool is cooling off and it's probably 80 and the air is 90. But we brave it out through October! lol!

Great shot of the moon, it sure makes my photo look lame. last night it was bright then when my daughter and I took the dog for a walk a haze covered it.

Hannah said...

Our buddy could not wait to jump in. So we jumped in... over and over and over again!

P.S. I'm going to be the first woman on Mars.