Sunday, September 06, 2009

Splish, splash

You're thinking, I know you are, "Not another pool post!" But wait, I'm not going there today. My blog-buddy Christie at Just the 2 of us gave me this cute little thing.......


I've been splashed!

The Splash Award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs.

When you receive this award you must:

Put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you. Let them know that they have been SPLASHED by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award.


Christie splashed both this blog and my teacher blog, Teaching isn't for Wimps. Thank you Christie!

Here are the blogs I am passing this on to:

My 14 year old daughter has a private blog for her stories and artwork. Though you cannot view it nor will she be able to pass on the award, I'm still giving it to "Hannah, etc..." She's amazing and her blog definitely inspires me!

Betty at A Corgi in Southern California
An Oklahoma Granny
Melinda at Mickey and Me
Lindsey at Aqua Sunday
Kathy at Four Dog Day
Angela at Pickles on Pizza
Teresa at Too Many Heartbeats (true inspiration here!)
Kelly at I've become my mother

I used to read another blog that had a little note on it that she did not accept these kinds of awards. I know and understand why. There's a lot of blogs that won't participate and I think that is OK. I feel if you have time to shout out about other blogs great, but if you don't then accept the award and the praise that someone thinks you're wonderful and keep on blogging.

So, if I have honored you, I hope you pass it along, but if you don't then I don't mind. I just want you to know I think your blog is awesome!

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Thank you Joan, it's an honor receiving this from you. I think your blog is awsome too!

a corgi said...

thank you so much! what an honor to receive such a nice award! and congrats to you for receiving such an award! I enjoy reading about your adventures (and never tired of the pool ones) and enjoy reading your teaching blog too!

(if you ever allow other readers into your daughter's journal, and I TOTALLY respect your decision to have it private, I would be honored to be included :)

betty

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

Oh, Joan! This award means a ton to me coming from you! Thank you so very much for not only acknowledging my blog but for also adding those few extra words in there to say that it is a 'true inspiration'. Now, that really does mean a lot to me! I will definitely pass this wonderful award along as soon as I can.

I hope you and your precious family have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

Kathy said...

Thank you so much. I enjoy the awards and I will pass this one on right after my show next weekend. I am SOOOOO busy right now. Thanks again!

Kathy
FourDogDay

The Thrifty Countrywoman said...

Congratulations on the award. I'll be sure to check out the others that you nominated.

Jane

Hannah said...

Thanks! I kinda feel lonely with so few followers. It's totally alright with me if you let some of these awesome people onto my blog. But of course, I won't mind if you say no.

=^^= That's my new little kitty symbol!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Oh, my goodness! How sweet of you. I feel so special like I just won an Emmy or an Oscar or something!

Ramblin Mama said...

Just wandered over from Pickles on Pizza to check out your blog. Love it! Looks like my follow button will be activated again!! Who needs books when we have such great blogs out there?