Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dreams of Summer

Kathy over at Four Dog Day has been experiencing a lot of winter too. Her post this morning got me thinking about our summer plans and summer in general. As a teacher, I am blessed with oodles of time off in the summer. I love that.


Last year we took the big road trip. It cost a lot and took a lot of time. This year we won't take a big trip. 


We have talked about camping. There are so many wonderful places to camp in Oklahoma. If any of you Okie bloggers have recommendations for places to camp, let me hear them.


Mostly, we don't plan to go much further than our own back yard. 


Right now this...


Seems such a long way from this.


8 comments:

Cathryn said...

Great post! I love your choices! I haven't been to the Grand Canyon either--flown over it several times, but never been to it!

Oklahoma Granny said...

We didn't camp at all last year. We usually take the trailer to Branson or to the lake nearest us.

You have that wonderful pool though so I don't blame you for staying close to home this summer!

Madeleine said...

woohoo I love your summer photos: only 5 months and we'll all be living that life again :)

That corgi :) said...

you'll blink and it will be summer....time seems to go by so fast these days

betty

Kathy said...

Oh I can so relate. Our vacations to Colorado always cost a lot, so this year since Matt is coming here in October, we are trying something else too. A little closer, a little shorter and a lot less expensive. It should still be a lot of fun! Your pictures are wonderful!

farmlady said...

Summer will be here before we know it. If I had a pool like yours I'd never go anywhere. Oh, wait.., I live on a farm. I don't go on vacations. I WANT A SWIMMING POOL!

Joan said...

Farmlady ~ that pool was the best thing we ever spent money on. I love it!

Okie Book Woman said...

I, too, am envious of your wonderful pool. Seems like a great place to spend an Oklahoma summer.