Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Heatwave Begins!

The weather guys say we will get above freezing today and mostly stay there for a week at least. We still have some snow and a lot of ice from the septic sprays (gotta love that rural solution for sewer lines!). Today it should all melt.




Hopefully, I am done feeding the crows. 




They have been lurking and patiently waiting everyday. Today they are hanging out on our skating rink / pool.





As soon as the dogs come inside to warm up they are on that food like, well....crows on dog food. 




Tater and Mr. Dumbles are fascinated by the birds. I'm sorry about the corgi nose prints on the door.

9 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

We woke up to -5 degrees this morning and right now it's 25. Hopefully it will get to 32.

Funny how corgi nose prints resemble yorkie nose prints.

farmlady said...

Corgi nose prints? It's what every household window should be accessorized with.
You guys are getting very cold weather. Is this normal for Oklahoma in Winter? I don't think your animals are happy about it.

Cathryn said...

Never ever apologize for doggie nose prints! I learned not to for kitty nose prints! Glad you are getting a "heat wave" finally!

BTW--Crows love peanut butter on toast! :D

shawna said...

you and i both love to feed birds...hmmm, must be some sort of disorder or something.

Melinda said...

I cannot wait for the warm up!! And dont ever feel like you have to apoligize for nose prints on the door. I have nose and paw prints everywhere! And when my little grand ones come over and leave a hand print, it just completes the deal! I love it!! Clean doors and windows are highly overrated...

Jen said...

Enjoy your heat wave! That septic spray sounds disgusting! I don't think I even want to know what it is! :0)

Joan said...

farmlady ~ we usually get a cold snap in OK every year. This one seems to have come earlier. Hopefully it'll be the only one. Got up to 56 today!

shawna ~ husband kept saying I should bring the dogfood in, but I couldn't do it. It's been so cold and Crows eat a lot of bugs.

Melinda ~ I agree...a life without nose prints would just be sad!

Parsley said...

Hello from another 'Okie' animal lover. Love your blog!

Laurie Eno said...

Ha, look at those little kitteh heads! So dang cute.