Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Prepping

Over the weekend I asked the man of the house if perhaps we should buy a generator. See, last week we lost power for seven hours and realized we have no water when we have no power. We have talked about a generator before and know we need one. I asked last weekend because the weather guys started talking about a serious storm. Man of the house shot down my awesome idea that we needed to get a generator that very day.


Today he texts me... "Do we need to get a generator? Like today? Like right now?" Sheesh! Ya think?? The forecast is not good. There is a good chance we will lose power. There isn't a generator to be found. 

The chicks and I moved the wood pile closer to the house. I'm cooking up some stuff in case we cannot cook. I got the camping lamp down and will dig out the camping stove. We have bottled water and will fill the bath tubs. 



If the power goes out we will be OK. But a generator sure would be nice to have. Maybe next storm!

9 comments:

Territory Mom said...

Can you believe how nice it was today and tomorrow, ice. We have a generator on our front porch that my husband got a good deal on, you know the kind. It's pretty but it doesn't work, but I think we will be okay. Stay safe!!!

Territory Mom said...

Oh, my goodness I just say my comment. Are you laughing at the way I write? I write the same way I talk.

Joan said...

TM ~ s'ok, I write the way I talk all the time. I like "hearing" people's personalities come through their writing.

Angela said...

Oh my!! I hope everything is okay! We had an Ice Storm in 1994 and people still talk about it every time it gets cold- it is no fun at all! Sending you warm wishes!

Cathryn said...

My mother is regretting not getting a generator when she had the chance. I'm hoping you and everyone else will stay safe and warm and with power!

That corgi :) said...

I hope you get a generator soon; I think you definitely need one if there is potential (and reality) that you lost power for that many hours and didn't have access to water either. that would be on my first list of emergency essentials for sure!

betty

Joan said...

Got the generator and we are set!

Carrie said...

sunny and in the low 50's here

Amy said...

We did the same things! ...and bought the exact generator! But, thankfully, we didn't need it.