Saturday, February 06, 2010

January snowstorm

I know the east is socked in with snow this weekend. And we are supposed to get another dumping on Monday. It's all around us...


I decided I had better get my latest snow storm pictures up before I take more.


Before the snow came last week, we got ice. It made great swords.


My girls never played with dolls. They loved beanie babies and webkins. Naturally they would make a snow-corgi instead of a snowman.


This phenomenon is similar to diurnal ice. Amazing!


Oh, one last thing ~ Chloe is the Daily Corgi's Saturday Smiler


Zoe has been pouting all day.

10 comments:

That corgi :) said...

what cool pictures from your snowstorm last month

loved the snow corgi :)

and the corgi pictures are always fun to look at

stay safe!

betty

Lyndsey said...

OMG, what great photos you got of everything!! What fun you all had!! I love the picture of both your Corgis runniong in the snow!!

Angela said...

The photos are beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

Kathy said...

Great pictures. It's okay Zoe. :)

Cathryn said...

What wonderful pictures! That's what I miss not having a dog--playing in the snow! Cats don't like snow at all.

We're due for another storm today-tomorrow and it's supposed to hit you guys later! Stay warm and toasty!

farmlady said...

Amazing and beautiful photos. We never have ice like that. Your girls look like they're having so much fun and the doggies are so cute.

Marilee said...

Joan, your pictures are great! I love the ice crystals, they are gorgeous. Although I don't think I'd trade our high 40's weather for yours, after all my years in Alaska, it is very nice seeing snow in your pics.. And such happy children and puppies. THANKS.

Jen said...

Great photos! I love the Snow Corgi! They did a great job.

shawna said...

you are getting snow and ice, and we are getting lots of rain...my kids are jealous however, of your snow days...wish we had those. love the interesting shapes that ice makes...beautiful.

Tracy P. said...

Thanks for posting this link for me, Joan! Those are so cool! It is amazing all of the different effects you can get from subtle variations in temperature, wind, moisture, etc. That fence has so many great features that would make it photo worthy often!