Monday, May 10, 2010

Bullet Dodged

The severe storms are east of us now and many Oklahomans were not so lucky. I'm still watching it all unfold, grateful we were in one of those odd and welcoming pockets.

But, before we knew the storm would split or stall, or what ever it did... We headed below ground. 


Packing the boys in the crate was NOT easy. 
They were NOT happy. 


The corgis thought it was a real adventure. My daughters were brave and sweet. I'm grateful we are alright, but I'm so sad for my fellow Okies who are homeless tonight.

3 comments:

Okie Book Woman said...

May in Oklahoma. Sigh. Once again, Oklahomans will pick up the pieces of their lives and go on. I'm like you--glad that we weren't even threatened enough to head for the basement, but sorry that people not too far away have been hit.

Parsley said...

Glad you are safe. We have one headed our way in Pontotoc Co. but I think our area will be okay.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Somehow the really bad stuff missed us too. We only had some heavy duty rain and some wind for a short period of time. I feel truly blessed for that. I'm so very sorry, sad and in prayer for those that were affected.

Glad to hear you and your family were safe.