Tuesday, June 08, 2010

One Year



It was June of last year when I officially began blogging and reading and commenting on other blogs.  I actually started Notes from Oklahoma in 2006, but didn't keep up with it. I thought I'd post a list of a few facts or tidbits about this blog.

* My first follower that commented on my blog was Jane from Frugal Fine Living. Thank you Jane for making feel like a real blogger for the first time.

* My favorite post is this one A Melancholy Decathexis.

* The most comments I have ever received is 13! I didn't look, but probably 1/3 are my own replies to commenters. I don't blog to receive comments though. I know people read and do not comment and that is ok. The posts that have received the most comments usually involve the corgis. Go figure. Corgi tongues and hieneys  has been the most popular.

I really appreciate everyone who reads these words I write. I love every comment I receive. You make my day!

9 comments:

Parsley said...

Here's a comment. I enjoy your blog dogs or not. Have a great day.

Territory Mom said...

Happy birthday, you look great! I think I found your blog through a blogger in Alabama and click onto because of Oklahoma, funny.

Lyndsey said...

Yay!!! Happy Blog Birthday!!!

I know you helped me out when I was first starting and trying to figure a lot of this blog stuff out. I didn't know you were a teacher then. You didn't make me feel stupid for asking how to do such simple things. Thanks for being there for me. I do like to read your blog and try to comment, but don't always have the time. But now summer's here!!

Thanks!

Cathryn said...

Happy Anniversary! Wooooooooooohoooooo! If I had known, I would have made you earrings or something to help you celebrate!

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I feel so honored that I was the first follower who commented on your blog. :)

Jane

That corgi :) said...

happy birthday blog! I enjoyed reading about the history behind your blog too Joan. isn't it funny that corgis attract so much attention? can't tell you how many of the corgi blogs I follow too for that reason :)

have a great summer!! (I'm assuming school must be done for the year :)

betty

Teresa @ ♥ TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ♥ said...

HEY GIRLIE! It is SO good to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment. I hope you and your family are doing well.

HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY!! I am almost to mine, too. One more month! I can't believe it has been that long. Time sure flies.

Well, I hope you stop by again soon. I'll do the same.

{{HUGS}}

Teresa <><

Intense Guy said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

JenW!~ said...

congrats on one year of blogging.I'll be sure to stop by more often.