Monday, June 28, 2010

Update

I have decided I will try to add a health update on Mondays and if another is needed in the week I will add that too. I don't want my blog to be all about my health.

My doctor called Friday and she had good news all around. Pap = normal. Mammogram = normal. Gallbladder ultrasound = normal. But the ultrasound results do not rule out an issue with that little organ. So she is going to call today with my appointment time for a HIDA scan. 

From the Mayo Clinic site: During a HIDA scan you lie on a table while a gamma camera moves above you taking pictures. The gamma camera detects and records radioactive tracer as it moves through your liver, gallbladder and bile ducts.

So, I will be radioactive at some point this week. Sounds interesting!
My RA has calmed down some and that is good. I have to give my self a shot of the Humira this week and I am actually intimidated at the thought. I'll let you know how that goes.

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

glad to hear that most things were normal and that your RA's flare is subsiding. can you practice on an orange to give yourself a shot? hoping the HIDA scan goes well and shows good results

betty

Cathryn said...

Stay healthy Joan! That's the fight I've been fighting for the past three years...I can't say I'm winning but the journey has been---let's say--interesting. It's had it's ups and downs and sometimes damn right depressing.

So you aren't alone. And I understand not wanting to turn the blog into "My Latest Health Update" type of blog. I actually like YOUR method of dealing with your need to let people know and your need to keep everything in balance. *Zen Hugs*

Oklahoma Granny said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Intense Guy said...

The new needles are wonderful - you will barely feel anything if it goes right.

I hope you feel better soonest.