Saturday, September 18, 2010

State Fair-On a Stick!

Ignore my title. It is something silly we started saying as we were leaving the Great State Fair of Oklahoma! Now, if you're an Okie, then I have put that song into your head for the rest of the day. Sorry...


We are not Fair types. We shun crowds and like to sleep in on weekends. But older daughter has art in this year's fair and her class won an award. We had to go. 

 This is her Individual Art. 


Her art class won a second place ribbon for their class project. I love this collage. Older daughter was responsible for the bird with googley eyes. She named him Bob.




Like I said, we aren't Fail types so we didn't stay long. We did stop long enough to see a few animals and a few cowboys.







We ordered four corn dogs and two lemonades. !!!! $28 !!!!


Then it was time to go home. 


6 comments:

Ninny said...

I love the fair, love the food, love to people watch (hmmm, some of those cowboys are pretty darn cute!), but The Hub isn't into the state fair, so I miss out on the fun. Looks like you guys managed to have some fun...

Liz

That corgi :) said...

congrats to the winners! great works of art, lots of talent there!

always love a fair; sounds, smells, etc, I always like looking at the crafts and the food items up for awards, fun to see the talent displayed, but you are right, fair food is outrageously expensive!

betty

Oklahoma Granny said...

The fair is definitely not on my list of top things to do either. I wish the fair food wasn't so expensive though. There's some of those bad things that look oh so good that I would like to try.

The Castro Family said...

Congrats!! Very cool entries!!

Carrie Gibson said...

I like a good fair. A big Congratulate to Hannah...pretty good..2nd place in a State fair!

Bossy Betty said...

Looks like so much fun!!!