Saturday, October 02, 2010

Birthdays

Older daughter turned 15 on the 20th of last month. She's making noises about driving a car soon. I shut her up with cinnamon rolls.


She had to settle for boots.


Seriously, she is 15?!! How did that happen? 


Today is my birthday. This is my last year I get to say I am in my forties. It has been a wonderful decade. Because I am close to the half century mark, have an autoimmune disease, and have had some tummy trouble, my good doctor decided I could get a certain test one year early. She is thoughtful like that. So, if you have to have the test that starts with a "C" and ends with "olonoscopy", don't worry, it's not that bad and the drugs are goooooooooooood.

4 comments:

Okie Book Woman said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome day and a restful weekend. And happy belated birthday to your beautiful and talented daughter.

The Redhead Riter said...

♫Happy Birthday to you!♪
♪Happy Birthday to you!♫
♫Happy Birthday dear Jo-oannnnnn!♪
♪Happy Birthday to you-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u!♫

I hope you have a marvelous day!

Your daughter is gorgeous! Enjoy looking at her boots because before too long, the only time you will see them is as they are walking out the front door with a "See you later Mom!"

LOL

That corgi :) said...

Happy Birthday Joan!! and happy belated birthday to your daughter! really, driving is not that bad! and it does free up some of your time!! son got his driver's license when he was 15 and we were living in Montana; I gained an hour every day of 'free time' (and lots of gray hair worrying about him :)

glad to hear your "c" test went well!

betty

Wren said...

Oh, a BIG Happy Birthday to you, Joan! I hope you had a lovely day, filled with lots of smiles and laughter.

Been there, done that regarding the C+olonoscopy. I agree that the actual procedure was no big deal, and what little I can recall about the drugs is rather pleasant. But oh, the GoLightly cleansing the day before-- ergh. I'm SO glad I won't need to do this again for another 8 years!

Hope you're feeling well. Have a great Sunday and a wonderful week.