Sunday, October 10, 2010

A dream come true

 The lake at sunset

I'm headed to Quartz Mountain on Thursday to realize a dream. Every year I attend the Fall Arts Institute but I have never been able to get into the photography classes because they fill up so fast. This year I settled for an acting class in November. Last week they opened up another photography class and I got in! Three solid days of nothing but photography with an incredible teacher, in a stunning venue, no students, no grading, no chores...just me and my camera.

6 comments:

Stitching n Shipping said...

Aww... don't you love that. The unexpected that slipped away, makes you new another day! Have tons of fun in your new class! Hugs. Tammy

Oklahoma Granny said...

You are so lucky! Have fun and learn lots.

That corgi :) said...

sounds like a great experience! enjoy

betty

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower. I found you from the blog hop. I think it was an old linky so I'm extremely late but here none the less. I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh what fun. I've been interested in the Quartz Mountain thing. Maybe next year in the painting thingy. Can you tell I don't know too much about it but enough to know it should be great fun.

Wren said...

Oh, how absolutely lovely! And what a gorgeous place for learning new things! I hope you'll have a wonderful time, Joan. I'm envious--I'd love to take a few days away from home for a photography or writing class...