Saturday, October 30, 2010

Photography Workshop

Recently I spent an incredible weekend at a photography workshop. I drove and wandered all over SW Oklahoma peeking into dusty windows, pulling over on lonely rural highways, and keeping my eyes on the light. 


Once the light is gone, there are no more pictures. 


I found her in one of those tiny rural towns. I'm sure once she modeled the latest fashions. 


Did someone live here once? Was it home for animals? Now only junk resides inside what is left of the walls.


I learned so much. Mostly I learned that I know so little. 


But, I took home a few cool shots.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the old barn!! The picture of the brick wall is pretty cool. Hugs. Tammy

Oklahoma Granny said...

I wish I knew more about my camera but I am happy with the photos I take. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Angela said...

You really did take some cool shots! I can not wait to see more! Most of all, I am glad that you are enjoying yourself!

Wren said...

Lovely photos, Joan. For some reason, I really like the photo of the brick wall. The colors and the symmetry are just beautiful. What a wonderful hobby photography is!