Saturday, January 01, 2011

Goodbye 2010

 I won't miss 2010. It has been one of the tougher years. But as I went through my pictures, I remembered some sweet, and not so sweet moments. 

 
The corgi-sisters enjoyed the January snow. We tired of it after about the third blast of the winter. It was beautiful though.



In late winter, older daughter auditioned for the Summer Arts Institute. She had two auditions and was selected as an alternate in creative writing. Unfortunately, no one dropped out and the call never came. But the experience she gained by just auditioning was very valuable. She will audition this month for this summer's institute.



With spring coming, we decided the red dirt hills had to go. The girls bid them farewell and man of the house bulldozed them flat. Our yard has nearly recovered from the machines and trucks that tore it up to put in the pool. Absolutely worth it!


Noodle paid homage to Betsy Ross in the 5th grade "Wax Museum".


Noodle also got to visit the Oklahoma Aquarium with her class in the spring. 


Summer break could not come soon enough. My calendar was full of appointments. I was officially diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and....


...on my bad days I would spend a lot of time here.


Zoe-zoe Bear came down with a scary illness that necessitated a quick trip to the vet. She was fine after some fluids and meds. Scared me silly though. 


Noodle celebrated her 11th birthday with a pool party.


We took a quick trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico.


We swam.....a lot!


School started again...


Last days in the pool...

Somebody turned 15 and got even goofier!


Another wonderful weekend at the Fall Arts Institute at Quartz Mountain.

Goofy friends made our holidays brighter.


I have some goals and resolutions, some written, most just in my head. Mostly I just want to keep the word "Simplicity" in my heart and mind and strive to simplify all areas. 

Good new year to you!




9 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Wonderful year in review photos. The one that particularly stood out for me was your daughter as Betsy Ross. Wishing you all the best in 2011.

Territory Mom said...

Beautiful photos. You have a beautiful family. Happy New Year friend.

Angela said...

loved the look back with your beautiful family! I hope this year is a better year for you :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great review of the year. I hope 2011 is wonderful for you and your family. Its always nice to connect with an Oklahoma blogger.

Whosyergurl said...

Joan,
What a full life you have! And those girls! Shew!
I may have told you once before...I have a dear friend, 10 years older than me and she has R.A. I was w/her from the onset and I know how much it sucks! Hang in there!
Happy New Year! XO, Cheryl

farmlady said...

You have a beautiful family. Love the photos.
May the New Year bring you relief from pain and peace of mind.

Cathryn said...

I always love your photographs. You showed off your year beautifully, creatively, and uniquely. Thank you!

Yaya' s Home said...

Such an awesome 'Photo Show'. I really enjoyed the story told in pics.

Sorry 'bout your R/A. That's not fun. Feel better.

~ Yaya

Okie Book Woman said...

This is a great post, Joan. You are very creative. Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you and your family.