Sunday, May 22, 2011

Life changing


    I have been on Cimzia for nearly four months now and I will say that this is the best I have felt in nearly two years. Back in January my new doctor said she wanted to find a combination for me that would "change my life". I think we found one.

Cimzia is a once a month injection. Unlike the Humira, which was administered by an auto-injector,  Cimzia is the old fashioned syringe. I just haven't been able to  to try injecting myself. Man of the house is chicken too. Luckily I have at my beck and call (wink) a wonderful school nurse. Also, one of my co-teachers is skilled and gave me my last shot. So it's all good.

    How has it changed my life? Well, first and foremost, I am nearly pain free and I have no inflammation. I have a little stiffness, but I think some of it may be normal. But really, it is the little things... I can walk on our wood floors now without wincing. I can get into my really high bed without wishing for a step stool. I am not wiped out by 4:00 p.m. by fatigue. I feel normal and some days I forget I have this disease. And that is a very, very good thing.



7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

That is excellent news!!!

:) Soon you will be square dancing too...

I'm so glad something has ended the pain for you!

Okie Book Woman said...

I'm so glad to read this report! Wonderful news!

Whosyergurl said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! So happy for you.
xo, Cheryl

Squirrel said...

wow fantastic!! hope you continue to feel so well for a long long time. so good to see positive news.

That corgi :) said...

that is wonderful news Joan!! Hope it continues to work this well! and I hope you feel comfortable down the road giving the shot to yourself

betty

Wren said...

Joan, I'm so glad that the Cimzia is helping you! I hope the relief continues for a very long time. Enjoy!

The Castro Family said...

We had been praying for this for so long now! Oh happy day! It really IS little things that you take for granted that really come up when you don't feel yourself. Thankfully, you have some back! Hooray! XOXO