Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Excuses...

One of my colleagues used to collect her kids' tardy excuses. She would display them for all to see and there were many that were hilarious!  So this last year, I started collecting my kids' tardy slips that made me smile. Most of their excuses were run of the mill - "car wouldn't start", "alarm did not go off", you get the drift. Occasionally there were the ones that brought a smile to my face or even a laugh.

Explanation: Her cow got out and she had to round it up.

My point is, I make a lot of excuses for not living my life to its fullest potential. I blame others, I blame myself, the weather, the budget; you name it! And I don't even have a cow!

Moo!

Today I am going to go over my bucket list. I am going to select one thing I can accomplish this month and I am going to do it. No excuses!

7 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Because of where I live I can certainly see how a cow could make a child late for school. It took me extra time to get home not long ago due to cows in the road.

I set a goal for myself today. Hopefully I'll get it accomplished. Good luck to you in your endeavor.

That corgi :) said...

LOL about the cow, Joan, but I know what you are saying! We do come up with lots of excuses sometimes to not live life the way we should! you go girl! I hope you write what you did from your bucket list!

betty

Lyndsey said...

Yes, the cow makes sense! :D We had an announcement over the PA system when I was working breakfast...it stated not to mark any kids tardy because of the traffic back up out in front of the school due to turtles crossing the road.

Working in the health room we used to get the P.E. escuses and at the end of the year I would shred them (I couldn't file them, half the time it didn't have the kids full name or grade, just too much) It was so funny what excuses the parent would write for their child to not do P.E. just about every other one I had to share with the office staff. I tell ya we could write a book!

Whosyergurl said...

Joan, MOO. that is too funny. I can't wait to hear all about what you accomplish.
xo, Cheryl

Nance Mommy said...

So, I can't wait to hear what you pick. Are you going to tell us before hand or just do it?

I think I will start using exuses like that...I mean no one really knows if my kid doesn't have a cow, right?

www.mosscoveredpath.blogspot.com

Intense Guy said...

LOL!

Your bucket lists milking a cow (number 4)...

So you have a "source" :)

I'd change number 17 to read, "Reach my ideal Height" - it might even be easier (it would be for me anyway!)

Teachinfourth said...

Oh, I've had a few 'questionable' excuses over the years, too. Cow? That's a new one.