Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Noodle at a dozen

A dozen years ago (last Saturday) I had a noodle. No drugs at all and I even tried to argue against the IV. This was my last baby and I wanted it MY way. I would have had her at home but man of the house just wasn't on board with that idea. I did have the most wonderful doula (birth coach) and will be eternally grateful that she shared that day with me.


June babies are lucky. They get luau-themed pool parties.


Mr. Dumbles was not happy about the theme.


With wonderful friends,



and cupcakes,


and corgis.

 
Happy Birthday Noodle! 

11 comments:

Okie Book Woman said...

I'm glad you had that unmedicated birth experience. I was a childbirth educator for many years, and my boys were born in an out-of-hospital birth center with no medication (or even an IV). I am grateful for those experiences.

Noodle is precious, and it looks like her party was awesome.

Whosyergurl said...

Aw. What beautiful photos! She was a BEAUTIFUL baby and is still so, so pretty! And...happy! You can tell she is having so much fun with friends!
Happy Mom, too, I'm sure.
xo, Cheryl

Uncle Ed said...

Happy Birthday Sweetheart.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Like Okie Book Woman, I was a childbirth educator. What a great way to begin her life. And what a fantastic way to celebrate her latest birthday. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun - well except maybe for Mr. Dumbles.

carrie said...

Great pics and looked like fun. Happy Birthday again Sophie!

carrie said...

Great pictures! Happy Birthday again Sophie.

Angela said...

She is SO cute! The outside photos are so crisp and beautiful - you really know how to work your camera, thats for sure!

Joan said...

Thanks Angela! I overexpose and play with the shadows. I like how bright and crisp it makes my outdoor shots.

Territory Mom said...

Happy Birthday Noodle!

Intense Guy said...

Happy birthday Noodle!!

:) at the Corgis!

The Castro Family said...

Aww! Happy Birthday!!