Friday, July 15, 2011

Cave of the Winds

Yesterday we visited the Cave of the Winds and so far it has been our favorite location. The views of the canyon were stunning. 

Original cave entrance.

The interior of the cave was haunting and beautiful. 

Rope ladder used to access a room in the cave.
 
 

Our guide was knowledgeable and very funny. I know it's her job, but she shared so many interesting tidbits and seemed to really enjoy her job.



Today we are driving down to Cripple Creek and we will see where the road takes us.

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Beautiful! I love Colorado Springs! I'd move there (maybe), at least summer there!!

Looks like you are having a very nice vacation!

betty

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hah, I have never heard of this! Next time we are in Colo Spgs (as the signs say) we will check this out.

Teachinfourth said...

Now THIS is my kind of place.

I'm feeling just a bit of envy.

Cheeseboy said...

We were in Southern Utah this weekend and this looks very much like where we were. Although we didn't get to go into an awesome cave...

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you are having such a wonderful trip!!! You certainly deserve it!

Looks like I need to put Colorado on my bucket list! ;) Its been a long time since I was there...