Because it fell on Monday, the "4th of July" seemed to never end.
We started Friday with more time in the pool and lunch on the patio.
|Begging for hotdogs. Full time job!|
On Saturday, we shared neighborhood fireworks with wonderful friends at their house out in Piedmont.
Sunday we worked on the gardens around the house in the early morning and hid in the house from the relentless heat in the afternoon.
Yesterday we opened our home to more wonderful friends and shared food, laughter, and fireworks.
We are seriously dry here in Oklahoma and many places banned the fireworks. But not in our neighborhood. We sat by the pool, some of us in the pool, and watched the sky explode all around us and prayed nothing strayed into the dry fields, or water starved lawns.
Our neighbors mounted their show from the roof of their shed until something went terribly wrong. The result was a friend of those neighbors was taken by ambulance to the hospital for broken bones and 3rd degree burns. The fire was put out fairly rapidly, but was too close for comfort.
|Not the original fire.|