Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Closing in on normal...

Rheumatoid Arthritis update...

I've been on the Cimzia/Celebrex cocktail for about six months now and it is still working. But, (there's always one isn't there?) I have side effects from the Celebrex that I do not like. My eyes and mouth are dry all the time. The eyes are the worst. I have drops and $90 more a month to deal with it. That $90 is just the copays. 

Yesterday I stopped the Celebrex. I see my doctor on Thursday and I'll let her know then. But I just don't like it. Oh, also it can cause irregular heart rhythm and I have a daily "Thu-thump", you know, like my heart has skipped a beat. 

So, two days and no "thu-thumps", eyes are slightly better, and no pain. That is the big deal - no pain. I have my regular stiffness and minor aches, but no pain. Yesterday I took 200mgs of Advil to replace the Celebrex, but nothing today.  

I'm closing in on normal...

14 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I would hope your doctor is ok with the path you've taken. Side effects are no fun.

Mr. Hughes said...

As one who dreams of normal, I can totally relate to this post. I am glad you made a choice that is benefiting you! I hope you continue to close in on normal and eventually you are able to catch it and make it yours! :)
Glad you are doing good.

Ninny said...

I hope this works for you. I have dry eye and it is so painful! I was also on Celebrex once, until HealthChoice took it off the preferred list of medicines and I couldn't afford it anymore. Then, when I read the side effects and the warnings (like "If you vomit what looks like coffee grounds") that kinda scared me. I don't have RA, but osteoarthritis. Maybe all this horrid heat is actually helping you! Keep us updated.

The Castro Family said...

I hate that you must deal with this :(
Please know I pray for you EVERY day! I am thankful for you and good things will happen for good people like you!
XOXO

To Normallllllll, and beyond!!

Angela said...

So great to hear!

Chinatours said...

Nice to hear. By the way, I love the cat on the left side, he can move, funny.

farmlady said...

This is wonderful. I hope the pain keeps it's distance for a long time.
I take drugs that dry me out too. I chew a lot of gum. It really helps.
The Castro Family is right... good things do happen to good people.
Take care.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I have my fingers crossed.

Tammy @ The Stitching Coop said...

Good for you! You know your body better than anyone and if your uncomfortable on a medication, stop it. I too took celebrex and vioxx and was swiftly pulled from it when my heart was doing acrobatics. I was then told I could take no NSAIDS as the adverse reactions I had outweighed the good.

On another note, I hope by stopping you don't flare up. It is the 6 of one 1/2 dozen of another with all these drugs isn't it? I see my doc today as my Humira is not doing as well as I had hoped for. Oy

Hugs
Tammy

LittleSilkDress said...

Fingers crossed for you!

Teachinfourth said...

Here's to reaching normality...

Melinda said...

Im rootin for ya!!

I hate taking any kind of medicine but alas I am of age so it will be right around the corner..And I do mean that literally..

Intense Guy said...

:) Cerebrex is nasty - if you can do without, I'm sure the doctor is all for it too!

Go you!!! Nice to see you doing well!

tharr said...

They put me on Celebrex at first and I got worse instead of it helping me. Came off of it quickly. Glad you're doing better.