Sunday, October 02, 2011

When...

When I look in the mirror and know I have another day...


When I hear the laughter of two daughters who define my grace...


When I hold my husband's hand and feel the deeper vibration of commitment...


When the Oklahoma autumn wind blows my hair, stirs the high grasses on our land, and carries the dragon flies over the garden...


When the fear of turning fifty weighs my heart...


I understand, I feel it deeply, that I am a lucky woman, living in an incredible place, loved by complicated people, blessed by  the ground of all being. 


Thank you...


(Thank you Beth because I know you won't mind if I steal the "when")

9 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

All wonderful reminders of a good life...

deb aka murphthesurf said...

Don't be afraid of turning fifty. Fifty is a flight of fantasy into the second half of your life. Your flight is what you make it and it can be such a beautiful flight indeed! I am 54 and flying high through the second half of my life :-) (and no it is not drug induced either...lol). True, we may have some extra baggage on our 50's flight but it truly is what you make it. Embrace it, enjoy it and fly high!

Intense Guy said...

When..

...I read this, it made me think you are a very fortunate woman.

...even with the issues that have beset you - you realize the goodness that surrounds you.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Your post today makes me feels so very peaceful.

Oranoo said...

Don't forget, you've been a great mother to Hannah and I!

Joan said...

Thank you Noodle. =)

Whosyergurl said...

Turning fifty isn't so bad. I did it almost three years ago. You can do it, too!
xo, Cheryl

Okie Book Woman said...

Fifty is quite a good age, actually. I promise.

And yes, you are a lucky woman.

The Lady in Pred said...

Beautiful.