Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another trip to the doctor, or how RA makes illness even more fun!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I really appreciated every single one. 

I'm on a biologic for my rheumatoid arthritis and the purpose of it is to drastically lower my immune system so it does not attack me and my joints. 

Side effects mean I can easily get sick and if I get sick that means I could get complications.

So, Monday I went back to work. I eased on in and rested a lot. All went well. Tuesday I felt even better, except for a slight feeling I might be getting a UTI. Wednesday was fine, and then Thursday the pain, burning, and backache started. The doctor could get me in Friday morning and my test was positive. Antibiotic = one week. 

Today I feel better than I have in a few weeks. Before I got that monster virus, I was feeling tired and run down. I was so achy that I thought my RA symptoms were coming back. 

I'm on a biologic-holiday for a few weeks to rebound. I hope the symptoms don't return. I hope I'm one of those lucky few that experience full remission without medication. I know it's a long shot, but I'll bet on it.

7 comments:

Tammy @ The Stitching Coop said...

I will hope for you as well. I've been a medication roller coaster trying to get SOME/ANY relief. The doctor has not given up on me yet not for one second thank goodness but I could sure use a break. best of luck! Hugs. Tammy

Intense Guy said...

I hope you feel better soon - it must be dreadful having to deal with this at every turn.

I hope you don't get a ton of colds this winter.

farmlady said...

My wish, for you, would be a full remission of this horrible illness but I'm hoping that your immune system isn't compromised as a result.

You do know that you could probably get some kind of disability benefits because of this don't you? It might be worth a try. Then you wouldn't have to expose yourself to a work environment that puts you at risk.

Whosyergurl said...

Thinking of you. I have a dear friend battling the same disease. She has never been able to go off of her meds.
Feel better!
xo, Cheryl

The Castro Family said...

Holding you up in prayer!!

The Lady in Pred said...

Hope it goes well without your biologic! Sometimes the symptoms will stay at bay for a while without the meds. Hoping, hoping for you.
Sherry

Teachinfourth said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend...hopefully sooner rather than later.