Monday, March 19, 2012

That day is not today...


This is a pretty popular poster on Pinterest these days. Every time I see it, I am reminded how I will probably never run again. I might be able to walk a 5k or even jog just a little. But run a marathon, a mile, a 50m dash? Probably never. RA has taken that option away.

I saw my doctor last week and we decided the cimzia was not working. We decided to make another go at MTX and see if the elevated liver numbers last time were just an anomaly. While I was waiting for her to come back with my scripts I decided that my fight needed to go into high gear. I needed to make a decision about how hard I would fight. This disease keeps taking away and someday I may have to give in, but that day is not today. 

There might be a day when I can no longer walk without help, but that day is not today.

There might be a day when I cannot walk on my treadmill, but that day is not today.

There might be a day when I cannot work my muscles until they are sore, but that day is not today.

I joined the Y, I got a personal trainer named Tracy, and I kicked it into high gear. 

I'm not training for a marathon. I'm training for movement, flexibility, and strength. I know there will be days when the pain is too much, the inflammation burning like wild fire, and my energy nonexistent, but  that day is not today.


3 comments:

Okie Book Woman said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this on top of the other responsibilities in your life, but I certainly admire your attitude. You go, Girl!

farmlady said...

That a girl. I'm so proud of you.

Intense Guy said...

I hope Today is not the day either!