Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stronger...

Back in March I wrote about how I was not going to let this damn disease (RA) get the best of me. I was going to fight harder. I'm still fighting. 

I have worked with my trainer every week since mid-March. It's taken some time to get beyond just the two days of weight training, and add extra activity, but I'm getting there. 

It's summer, and as a teacher I have the luxury of time off. I got our vacation out of the way as soon as possible, and have been focusing on myself. I'm writing, reading, and working out more and more every day.

Today I started the couch-to-5K plan and I cannot believe I actually ran. I RAN!!! I am also tracking my food on the "Lose it!" app. 

There's a part of me that feels like I have to get in as much activity as possible because who knows how long this "remission" will last. So, every day, the first thing I do is throw on exercise clothes and shoes. Before I get in the pool, run errands, rest in my recliner (I force myself to rest some every day, usually in the evening) I have to get those clothes sweaty. And I do.

I'll write about out little vacation later in the week.

5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Good for you, keep it up.

farmlady said...

When you need to, exercise becomes the priority. I really believe that exercise can lessen and
sometimes eliminate pain. When I'm in pain, especially in the afternoon or evening, I at least go for a short walk. It really makes a difference in pain level.
Keep up the good work. It's all to your benefit.

The Castro Family said...

You are VERY strong. I admire you so much for it. What a great role model for ALL the kids in your life!!

Teachinfourth said...

While I'm not planning on running a race or marathon, I have been tracking what I eat and so on. It's going to feel so much better going back to school 20-30 lbs. lighter than I was at the end of this last year.

You keep it up, girl!

Whosyergurl said...

YAY for you!
xo, Cheryl