Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Artist's Summer...

Older daughter has had a busy summer, not all of it good. Poor girl has had some toe issues and is recovering from minor surgery on her big toe.  She'll be good to go for the start of school next month.

She completed and passed Driver's Ed. With some more practice, she might get licensed this spring. She did get her permit,



and that meant going to Stillwater



which means a stop at Eskimo Joe's. Yum!



For the last few weeks I have been taking her to Edmond for art classes. She likes it, even though all the other students are adults. She hasn't learned anything that she already knows, but is enjoying the time to just paint and be with other artists. 

Her talent and knowledge still delights me. 


Who knew this 



would eventually be this?

6 comments:

Erika said...

My, my how she has grown! Congratulations on all that is beautiful about this daughter. I really enjoyed the format of this post, too.

carrie said...

Wow! I can't believe how she has grown! I have got to plan a trip out to see you guys within the year. Miss you all!

carrie said...

Wow...a driver! I cannot believe how your lil' bugs have grown. Hope to make a trip out to see you guys within the year...miss you all big time!

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh my. That is such a cute painting. They are babies such a very short time. I'm glad she is enjoying the art class.

The Castro Family said...

What an accomplished young lady!! You didn't call me for some cheese fries?!?! ;)

Congrats on the permit and WONDERFUL artist!!

Intense Guy said...

:)

Corgi Masterpiece #1 - I can see it hanging in the New York Met of Modern Art now...

I bet she does art with the ketchup on the fries too -

How's the driving lessions coming?