Sunday, September 23, 2012

Artist Girl turns Seventeen




I stopped comparing my life to Hannah's a long time ago. 

Birthday dinner
Her trajectory veers nowhere close to mine and I rejoice. 

Mr. Dumbles insisted on joining in.
She has been solidly entrenched in her teenage years for awhile now, but not like any teenager I know.


This year I started to see and hear the faintest hints of an adult woman slipping through her words, formulating in her grace.




But when she opened her gifts, she stated loudly, "I plan to open my presents like an eight year old every year now!"


So each year, I can look forward to a glimpse of the eight year old. 


Hello young woman.

6 comments:

carrie said...

My Goodness...she does not look 17! Enjoy these years Hannah. They are fun to look back on. Again...Happy Birthday!!!

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh my, that was such a beautiful post. Almost brought tears to my eyes as my first born, now nearly 33 years old is set to have her first child, a little girl any second now. Happy Birthday to Hannah!

Erika said...

Sweet mama tribute to a lovely daughter!

abcsofra said...

Happy happy birthday to such a lovely young lady! Doing the birthday jig for her. And yum yum...two cakes! I just love the kitty one :-) She deserves all her birthday wishes to come true.

Intense Guy said...

She looks so happy! :)

Happy Birthday Artist Girl!!

Hope her mom is doing well!!

The Castro Family said...

What a beautiful woman! I can't imagine how fast this day came...
Happy Birthday!!!