Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Year = New Commitment

I've been a terrible blogger this past year. Granted, the year pretty much sucked, but that is no excuse. You would have loved to have read all about the suckage, yes? Doubt it. 

So, a bit of a recap in photos and then a commitment to better blogging for 2013!


Mr. Dumbles started off the year by adopting this Christmas basket and making it is own space. We have left the basket out all year.

 Noodle spent most of the winter and all of the spring battling mono. She was one sick puppy!


The school year of 2011-2012 ended (my first at the Junior High) and I was ready for summer. It was a difficult year for so many reasons, but I was determined to hang in there and give it one more year.

Ah, sweet summer!



San Antonio trip and a summer party!


Noodle got Braces!!!





Back to school for the 2012 - 2013 year! The kids this year are soooo sweet!





I know, awful thing to spring on you, but I broke my toe in August, just after school started. Through the summer I had been running and training for a 5k. Then I tripped, in my bathroom, and it all came to a screeching halt. I haven't been able to run since. My RA seems to have been able to scout out the vulnerable toe and settle there once it healed. 




Older daughter has to have a theme for her art portfolio this year. She's chosen her incredible steampunk/mechanical pets.




I taught the novel "Anne Frank:Diary of a Young Girl" for the first time this year. It was powerful. I learned so much from my kids and we learned a lot from the book and each other. 





The last week of school before the break was surreal and sad because of the tragedy of Sandy Hook. My kids made cards and I mailed the to Connecticut. 



Not to be ever left out, Chloe and Zoe were festive and merry throughout the holidays.

Since October, my RA has been relentless. Some days are ok, others are hard, really hard. I think this month my doctor and I will look at other options. 

As I said, I am committing to being a more consistant blogger.  I hope you stick with me through this next year. 

3 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Lots and lots of talent in your family! I love the sketches!

I hope you feel better soon. RA is a tough one - seems like no good answers - and the target keeps moving.

The Castro Family said...

Wishing you a GREAT 2013! You are always in my prayers!
And WOW! Those sketches!

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Wishing you relief from your ra so you can do what you do best...teach! Loved the sharing, the photos, and the four legged family members :-) Hope your daughter recovers fully and that you find relief from your ra. And I too have been a bad blogger. Sometimes we just don't have enough energy like the rest of the world to keep up with it all and something has to give. For me it has been my blog. Stop beating yourself up about the blog, we all understand how it goes. If one has any autoimmune illness, one just gets it! Wishing you the best year ahead!