From this day, August 8, 2010, I would like to do/see/accomplish these things:
(edited a bit on 7/26/2012)
1. Let my hair go gray.
2. Get a pedicure. 3/18/2011
3. See these 100 movies. (I've seen 45 so far)
4. Milk a cow.
5. Run a 5k. (scheduled for 9/30/12)
6. See Shakespeare in the Park.
7. Go the Oklahoma State Fair. done 9/2010
8. Skinny dip.
9. Visit Alaska.
10. Spend a week in Greece.
11. See the Great Pyramids.
12. Go backpacking.
13. Take a photography class or workshop. done 11/2010
14. Fall in love with a grandchild.
15. Hold my mother's hand and tell her I love her.
16. Visit my cousin Lisa in Indiana.
17. Reach my ideal weight.
18. See the northern lights.
19. Live on or very, very near a beach.
20. See a rain forest.
21. Read these 50 books. (I have read 12)
22. Scuba dive once more.
23. Learn to crochet.
24. Take my older daughter to London.
25. Raise chickens.
26. Go to Vegas with my husband (alone!). (scheduled for 11/2012)
27. Identify someone who has inspired me the most in my life. Let him/her know how much he/she has inspired me.
28. Perform a kind deed to at least 5 strangers without expecting anything in return. (I've done three so far.)
29. Pack my bags and set off for a random location with no itinerary planned at all.
30. Try out vegetarianism for 21 days.
31. Go on a meditation retreat.
32. Organize a picnic outing.
33. Fly first class.
34. Travel India by train.
35. See Mount Rushmore.
36. Join the Peace Corps.
37. Volunteer at a Homeless Shelter.
38. Adopt a child.
39. Write a letter to each of my children telling them what I want them to know about my life and the lessons I’ve learned.
40. Take up yoga.
41. Learn to meditate.
42. Learn to sail.
43. Buy a gun.
44. Take a gun safety course.
45. Learn to speak French.
46. See a play on Broadway.
47. Visit the Smithsonian. (I did this in 1978, but did not really appreciate it.)
48. Ride in a hot air balloon.
49. Campaign for a political candidate.
50. Write a legal will.
To be continued...